Suburban Blight: Where All Hope Is Lost



Crossing the threshold from sublime to unhinged.
Slipping on shards of broken mirrors and falling hard
On your unenlightened prejudice and condemnation.
We're not criminals.  We don't belong in your cages.                  

The stigma is overwhelming. Fools stare at us through bars.
We are not side show freaks.  But your morbid fascination
Is keeping us prisoner. Do you realise this?
Look at yourself in an intact mirror before shattering it.

Perhaps this generation will see past the unfounded hate.
Anti-bullying is all the rage. Teenage suicide is front page news.
How would you cope with the mental disintegration
Of your child, should he or she plunge into a psychotic hell?

This is a problem compounded by a technological boom.
Children get sucked into a dark vortex.  Overwhelmed
Social media is quickly deeming parents obsolete.
Love squelched, sexual predators lurk in chatrooms.

Pretending the world isn't in a downward spiral
Your mother and father will no longer protect you.
These are the people who so callously dismiss you
As you plunge into the bottomless pit of despair.





Suburbanites are diving like frenzied lemmings                                                                                       Into each and every inground pool
In each and every neighbours' backyard              
"Aren't we truly in the "Land of plenty?"
We pretend  to be blissfully unaware
of the maggots under our garbage cans."

Why? Because today, the Jones's came in second
Yes!! We FINALLY won first prize in the badminton finals!"
Backyard barbeques are mandatory, of course
Here's another trophy to mount on the wall.

God, I despise all of this shallow oneupmanship
That sullies every vacant Saturday and Sunday
As soon as I turn eighteen, my sentence
Will be lifted and I'll be on parole.

So what does being "on parole" mean, you may ask?
It means that, no longer will I have to pretend to be happy.
I can finally ditch that saccarine smile I thought to be permanent.
I don't have to create an endorphon high from gas fumes.

I did my penance. Confessed to losing my virginity
And then lying that Susie Henderson hated every second of it.
 I can escape the pink and blue blandness and uncomfortable chairs
Only after I die.

Some Haiku Poetry



I would have warned you
But you turned away from me
You're on your own now.

Killing Us Slowly

Pink living rooms
Are they really here to stay?                              
Damned suburbia.

Living In A Time Of  Decay

All hope is now dashed
Apathy has settled in
No-one left to blame.          

Subliminal Rage                

Run away from home
But have a destination.                 
Otherwise, you're screwed.

Resignation Follows

Stay here, if you must
Gave you more credit than that
Suburbs bled you dry.




Let go of me!! I don't want to be rescued, so please go away.
I can't believe that kids could be so cold to one another. This poor young man was likely bullied constantly until he couldn't take it anymore.
An extremely depressed a young teen, this young man is increasingly suicidal.
It seems that the late Amanda Todd was reaching out for help, but ultimately killed herself,, She was just shy of her sixteenth birthday.
Wise and soothing words of the late Leonard Cohen. 
"Sometimes you're better off dead. There's a gun in your hand and it's pointed at your head."
I hate what I see in\the mirror every time I stare at my ugly face. So I'm breaking all of them.
This photograph shows a hand with a lot of tattoos choking a little kid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sensation: A Novel----A Good Idea Or Not? You Decide

Who Cares? A Poem